2020 Spring Sofball Important Information
Please take a few minutes to review the information below and share with anyone who you think might be interested. Dates are being finalized and the Website will be updated soon.
Softball Registration Begins January 14 and runs through March 7.
Assessments & Draft Day will be Late Feb / Early March with practices starting on TBD
- TBD: Rookies
- TBD: Minors
- TBD: Majors
- TBD: Juniors / Seniors
When we have reached enough athletes for full teams in each age group, all other registered athletes will be added to the waitlist until either (1) enough athletes for an additional team are registered or (2) athletes are not paid-in-full and replaced with a waitlisted athlete. Too few, or too many athletes on a team is not beneficial for our athletes.
Additional Season Details:
- The draft & team assignments will occur by the next evening following the assessments.
- All athletes must be paid-in-full prior to being drafted to a team.
- If not, they will be assigned to a team once reconciled; based on player count and team need
- Please be sure that all uniform sizes in the system are updated
- Practice schedules are determined by (1) field availability and (2) coach’s schedule
- Coaches often secure additional practices at other facilities to give the athletes more practice time.
- Field availability is determined by final team counts for softball and baseball
- All teams will have equal practice time
- Game schedules are mostly determined by District 3 Little League (1) team counts by age group, (2) field availability, and team blackout dates.
- Often is the case where weather affects practices and/or games.
- Games take priority and will be scheduled based on next available field availability, regardless of originally scheduled practices or blackout dates
- There are generally two time-slots available for weeknight games. (6:00pm – 7:30pm) and 7:30pm – 9:00pm). There may be some variation to this based on field availability
- The 7:30pm slot often starts later due to prior games that have run over.
- Games cannot start before 6:00pm because of the time needed to travel to other fields.
- Rookies (8U) and Minors (10U) will always have the earlier time slot
- Majors (12U) will have next priority for the early slot but may end up with some later time slots (especially with game reschedules for weather, etc.)
- Juniors/Seniors (14U/16U) will typically have the later slot considering the limited field availability and the priority of the younger age groups for the earlier time slots
About Your Coaches:
- All coaches and assistant coaches are volunteers who give of themselves and their own time to coach our athletes.
- We ensure that all coaches pass a stringent Little League background check
- A coach’s primary responsibilities are the safety of our athletes, lessons in teamwork & citizenship, and sports skills.
- At all times, coaches are expected set the example for our athletes.
Please do not hesitate to offer your assistance to the team and the coaches to ensure a successful season for everyone.
If during the season you have any questions, comments, concerns, or kudos, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as the season progresses.
We look forward to seeing you on the fields soon!
East Lincoln Little League Softball Commissioner
Congratulations to the EL8U-1 Fireballs (Rookies) for winning the End of Season Tournament
Congratulations to the 2018 Senior Little League All-Stars Softball Team
2nd Place States Tournament
In just their first time ever playing together, the combined
East Lincoln, Lake Norman, and Mallard Creek Little League Seniors team finished 2nd place
in the All-Stars State Tournament this weekend in Winston-Salem, NC. Way to go Diva Dirt Devils!
East Lincoln LL: Cheyanne, Savannah, Harmony, Ireyona, Amaris, Samantha, Daneille & Autumn
Lake Norman LL: Alli & Josie
Mallard Creek LL: Amaris & Jhneal